SPAN Food Bank
Help fill a food hamper for single parent families.
SPAN Food Bank
SPAN operates a food bank that provides single parent families with a food hamper every month.
We receive ongoing support from community Food Sharing with whom we are affiliated. In addition to this, many groups and individuals support our food bank with non-expired food & monetary donations.
Make a donation!
We need your support and commitment to give over 200 families a month food hampers. The more support we receive we hope to help more of our families in need.
Please help relieve the stress on our single income families, and make sure children have the necessities they need.
In Kind Food Donation
SPAN needs your help to keep the shelves stocked for our single parent families.
To donate a non-expired food donation, you can drop off at 472 Logy Bay Road or
Are you a single parent? Registration is below at the bottom of the page.
Single Parent Association of NL Food Bank Donation List
Below is a list of items the Single Parent Association of NL is seeking for SPAN’s Food Bank.
Schedule a Food Hamper Appointment
Already a registered single parent with SPAN, call (709) 738-3401 or
First time registering with SPAN
We need the following information:
- Pictures of active MCP’s for you and your children (Non Expired)
- One of the following documents to support your single parent status:
- Child Tax Benefit Summary (section indicating your single status with dependents listed)
- Latest Income Tax Summary (section indicating your single status with dependents listed)
- Your most current Income Support Stub listing your children’s names – this month or last month’s stub only
You will receive a registration confirmation email once registered.
Important Food Hamper Information:
- SPAN Food Bank Hamper Availability : The SPAN food bank is open by appointment only Wednesday to Friday 9am-4pm.
- Pick Up Information: Food Hampers are picked up at the rear of the building. Please drive around to the back of the building through the gate and park near the sheds.
Single parents need your help!
Want to help? Become a volunteer and make a difference today.